Saturday, February 14, 2009

Top 50 Albums

I held out for weeks, so I was on the downside of the adoption curve, for the "25 Things" note on Facebook. Yet, I was an early adopter for the new "Top 40 Albums" one. This is due to me thinking the other day, "I've been meaning to make a list of my top albums for a while..." This confluence of events finally prompted me to do so.

I didn't abide by the rules of the meme (though I tried to), here's my list plus a few others:

  1. Public Enemy – It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
  2. Public Image LTD – Metal Box
  3. The Cramps – Songs the Lord Taught Us
  4. Pop Will Eat Itself – This is the Day, This is the Hour, This is This
  5. The Pixies – Doolittle
  6. Hedwig & The Angry Inch (Soundtrack)
  7. Velvet Underground & Nico – Velvet Underground & Nico
  8. Komeda – The Genius of Komeda
  9. Aphex Twin – Richard D. James Album
  10. Soundgarden – Badmotorfinger
  11. Bauhaus – In the Flat Field
  12. Beck – Midnight Vultures
  13. Black Sabbath – Paranoid
  14. Led Zeppelin – Led Zeppelin III
  15. Beastie Boys – Check Your Head
  16. Trachtenberg Family Slideshow Players – Vintage Slide Collections from Seattle
  17. Tom Waits – Swordfishtrombones
  18. The Smiths – Louder than Bombs
  19. The Dwarves – Blood, Guts, & Pussy
  20. Babes in Toyland – Fontanelle
  21. Sonic Youth – Daydream Nation
  22. Nirvana – Nevermind
  23. The Sex Pistols – Nevermind the Bullocks
  24. The Ventures – Ventures in Space
  25. They Might Be Giants – They Might Be Giants
  26. The White Stripes – Redd Blood Cells
  27. Dean Gray – American Edit
  28. The Kleptones – Night At The Hip-Hopera
  29. Senor Coconut – El Baile Aleman
  30. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (Soundtrack)
  31. White Zombie – La Sexorcisto (Devil Music Vol. 1)
  32. Devo – Are we not men? We are Devo!
  33. Prince – Purple Rain (Soundtrack)
  34. Meatloaf – Bat Out of Hell
  35. L7 – Smell the Magic
  36. Kiss – Destroyer
  37. The Crystal Method – Vegas
  38. Jane's Addiction – Nothing's Shocking
  39. John Linnell – State Songs
  40. James Kolchalka Superstar – Money Vs. Robot
  41. Arthur Brown – The Crazy World of Arthur Brown
  42. Abba – Abba Gold
  43. Run DMC – Raising Hell
  44. Doktor Kosmos – Cocktail
  45. Weezer – Weezer (The Blue Album)
  46. Government Issue – You
  47. Prong – Beg to Differ
  48. Sinead O'Connor – The Lion and the Cobra
  49. Lords of Acid – Lust
  50. The Doors – Morrison Hotel

My criteria for the above list was fairly simple; albums that never fail to please me.

It's funny to think that when I was younger, I used to judge people quite a bit on what they listened to. "How can you like that band? I don't think I can like you, now." I've grown a lot more tolerant in the years since high school. Even if you like a shitty band... we can still be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment