Thursday, January 22, 2009

Is Time Malleable?

I'm still fascinated by Daniel Faraday's journal. I wrote a bit about this before. Below are some screencaps from the first episode of the fifth season.

A lot of these images are too small/blurry for me to make out much of the text. I'm hoping that other folks will be doing that for the Lostpedia. However, note that the "If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my constant" inscription has changed and is on an entirely different page than it was originally shown.

Because You Left

The Constant

In a show where continuity is key and there's little left "to chance" (or so we're lead to believe), it seems that this error is deliberate. It would also seem to imply that Faraday's statements about being unable to change the past or the future are just for the tourists. I would venture to say that Faraday doesn't have another page in his journal with the same "Desmond Hume will be my constant" statement but, rather, he wrote it on two different occasions, meaning that time is malleable.

No comments:

Post a Comment