Sunday, May 11, 2008

Book Status

Work on the Cashiers du Cinemart book is going nicely. Revisiting these older pieces has been interesting. I've been working to reconcile some of the similarly-themed articles, eliminate some of the time references ("recently this new movie came out" ten years ago), and kill some of the more glaring grammatical errors.

One of the more onerous chores has been the elimination of my qualifiers. Too many "however"s, "therefore"s, et cetera. I want to tighten this thing down with a socket wrench.

Logistically, I've been trying to track down Nathan Kane to get his permission to reprint his cover art in a discussion of the zine's evolution. No luck yet. I'm also wondering what the heck I'm going to do for the cover of the book and if I'm going to just call it "The Cashiers du Cinemart Book" or if I'm going to give it an easier title. Maybe I'll take Charles Willeford's advice and use a two word title. "Stinky Britches"? "Tough Facade"? I'll think of something. I won't bother asking for help or suggestions since the "Comments" button on the site doesn't seem to be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment