Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I Weigh 325 lbs.

I'm not sure what my top weight was back in 1996 but I think that I've managed to beat it. That's not a good thing. I weigh 325lbs. and I'm not happy about it.

Believe it or not but I sat down (in my 50 inch waist pants) and wrote out a list of reasons why I should actually give a shit and lose some poundage. I love to eat and I hate to exercise so weight loss and I don't often see eye to eye. The last time we did, back in 1997, I had taken charge of my life and had almost an anorexic obsession with food. I'd like to take back that control but do it a little more sanely.

  1. Pants fit better
  2. Better selection of clothes
  3. Better self image
  4. Save money on food
  5. Less winded
  6. More respect
  7. Can make fun of fat people again
  8. Live longer
  9. Snore less / sleep better
  10. Fewer aches/pain
  11. More room on airplanes
  12. Can return to Cedar Point
It's one thing to complain about it but quite another to do something about it. I've been taking some steps that I hope will help:

  1. No more fast food. Ever.
  2. Cut back on meat.
  3. Play "Dance Dance Revolution" (game pad and game on order)
  4. Walk (iPod will come in handy)
  5. Drink more water.
  6. No more coffee (I doctor it up with tons of cream)
  7. Eat more fruit/vegetables
  8. No more beer
I'm hoping that I can shame myself into facing up to my fat and taking steps to help curb my overeating. I'm also going to look into taking some exercise classes -- I used to do this and it helped tremendously. However, my instructor was also a good friend of my ex-wife's. Hoping to find a nice, nonjudgemental exercise program that works with a 9-5 work schedule.

As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll always be hungry again. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll always be hungry again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suggest the Power 90 program from beachbody.com It totally works.

Anonymous said...

Your tool will look bigger, sink deeper, and stand up stronger. Maybe someone will notice..

Post a Comment